Saturday, April 18, 2009

Cheeeeeeeeeeesecake!

I got this recipe from my ex-boyfriend's mother and it is by far the BEST cheesecake I have ever tasted in my whole life. In fact, I never used to even like cheesecake until I tried this recipe! I topped it with a homemade blackberry sauce and it was de-li-cious!

Here is the original recipe:

CHEESECAKE

­Crust:
1 package digestive cookies
¼ cup butter (melted)
2 TBS sugar

Filling
2 – 8oz. packages cream cheese (room temperature)
½ cup sugar
2 TBS flour
¼ tsp. Salt
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs separated
1 cup 18% cream

Crush 12 digestive cookies into crumbs and add melted butter and sugar and mix.
Pat into bottom of 10" spring-form pan. Whip egg whites until stiff.

Beat cream cheese with electric beater until light and fluffy. Add sugar and continue beating. Then add flour, salt, vanilla and egg yolks, and continue beating. Beat in cream.

Fold in egg whites until mixture is smooth. Pour over crust.
Bake at 350F for one hour. Open door and cool in oven.

No comments: