Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dine Out Volume I: CinCin Ristorante + Bar


To continue our fine-dining adventures, my friend and I decided to challenge our food tasting experience at West with CinCin, an Italian restaurant renowned for its wood fire oven. Fortunately, it is one of my favourite times of year, Dine Out, where different restaurants in the Vancouver area offer three-course meals for affordable set prices. Like West, I had to take my sister's camera... so the quality of pictures are not the best.

To begin the night we ordered a bottle of an Amano 2006 Primitivo, one of Italy's oldest grapes. The wine menu at CinCin was daunting, at least 15 pages of new world and old world reds and whites, as while as an extensive list of sparkling wines and ports.

For my appetizer, I chose the baby romaine lettuce salad with grana padano cheese, gem tomatoes and a creamy roasted garlic vinaigrette; their version of an upscale caesar salad.

As an entree, I picked the wood oven roasted lingcod which was topped with a tomato basil crust and served with umbrian lentils and broccolini. The lentils were amazing; I never knew they could be saturated with so much flavour!

Lastly, for dessert I had a valhrona chocolate fondant with a honey anglaise and lemon sorbetto. The fondant was deliciously rich, however I found the pairing of the fondant and lemon sorbetto to be quite odd.

For more information about CinCin check out their website: http://www.cincin.net/

Up next on the Dine Out schedule... Chambar Belgian Restaurant!

No comments: