Thursday, May 19, 2011

Au Petit Chavignol

I went here the other night with one of my friends. It's located on Hastings Street and Hawke Avenue, a block down from the infamous Astoria pub. Au Petit Chavignol is located right beside Les Amis du Fromage, it's sister company, which means if you like something on the menu, you can go right next door after your meal and buy it! :)

The first thing I noticed about this place was its extensive list of aperatifs and digestifs, which I of course indulged in! I ordered a glass of Ricard pastis to sip at while Lucy and I waited for our spinach and chevre salad. This salad was amazing - spinach, deep-fried chevre, sliced almonds and strawberries in a raspberry vinagrette.


For my entree, I ordered the four cheese macaroni and cheese which was oozing with cheeeeeese. They use a very eclectic mix of cheese: gruyere, white cheddar, orange cheddar and stilton blue.

Overall, a very cheeeeeesy experience.

No comments: