Monday, December 29, 2008

My Feeble Attempt at a Gingerbread House

This year I came up with the crazy idea to make a gingerbread house from scratch. I prepared the gingerbread, cut out the shapes, baked it and let it cool. Everything seemed to be good, great, a piece of cake.. but then I attempted to assemble it. Every year it's the same thing, I get so excited about decorating the house, that I skip right past the "letting the walls set" stage and go straight to the "setting up the roof" stage, and lo and behold each time the roof collapses. This problem was solved by hoisting the entire house up with mugs, cds, dvds (whatever me and my sister could find really!). The real dilemma, however, happened during the night, when my dog decided to seek revenge on her faithful walker by ripping off half of the roof. I was not impressed; I had to go through the whole entire cycle again. Who knew that making a gingerbread house could be so distressing?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi bananafrekles, That sure looks good.Wish I could steal a piece.A good job. Gary anne