Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Perfect Remedy for a Cold, Wintery Day

I live in Vancouver, Canada, where it rarely ever snows. However, for the last few days, the temperature has been in the negatives and very, very snowy. To keep warm, I decided to cook a hearty meal of sweet potato gnocchi and a warm chocolate tart.

This was the first time I have ever made gnocchi and I will definitely try it again. I served it with a fresh mixed greens salad and some yummy Italian bread, it was so delicious! For the sweet potato gnocchi I used this recipe from wild yeast blog: http://www.wildyeastblog.com/2008/10/20/sweet-potato-gnocchi/

To follow the gnocchi, I made a warm, chocolate tart. I recommend to serve it warm with a scoop of creamy, vanilla ice cream~ I found the recipe from a blog that I really like to follow called chocolate shavings:

No comments: