Friday, December 25, 2009

My first dim sum experience!


Last weekend, one of my good friends took me out for dim sum, something which I had never tried before! She took me to Garden City Hot Pot, located in Richmond, a few blocks away from Aberdeen Shopping Center.


The first thing we ordered when we got there was tea from a distinguished selection of tea leaves, each type of tea possessing a different quality. I opted for rose tea, which was said to relax, while my friend chose a black oolong tea, which was said to be a fatty-acid burner.


After ordering tea, we ordered the dim-sum dishes! My friend selected a variety of dishes for us including:
  • 蝦餃 (shrimp dumplings)
  • 腸粉 (rice noodle rolls-which came with fried oysters)
  • 腐皮捲 (tofu steamed roll-which were stuffed with prawns)
  • 蘿蔔糕 (turnip cake)
  • 蛋撻 (egg tarts)


Overall, it was a delicious experience! <3

No comments: