Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dine Out Volume III: Salt Tasting Room


My last dine out was at Salt Tasting Room with my boyfriend. Salt is a tasting room that allows you to sample different types of cheese, wine, meat and condiments from all over the world.

To start off, I ordered a half bottle of pinot noir wine from the Burgundy region of France...

The appetizer was a curried coconut and root vegetable soup, and a shaved fennel salad with comte cheese and lemon dressing. The soup was delicious, however the salad was almost inedible. The compte cheese was very tasty, but the shaved fennel was just not my cup of tea!

For the main, I chose the cheese mongers plate, which was three cheeses and three condiments chosen by the Salt kitchen. These were: strathdon blue cheese from Britain with silmilkameen honey, mahon cheese from Spain with basque olives, and gubbeen cheese from Ireland with marcona almonds.

For dessert, we both chose the vanilla bean cheesecake with rhubarb compote and shaved almonds!

Overall, Dine Out at Salt was interesting. However, I think I would have preferred going on a regular night, so that I could choose the types of cheese and condiments, and the different types of wine to pair with each of the different cheeses.

For more information on Salt, check out their website: http://www.salttastingroom.com/

No comments: