Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lombardo's Pizzeria

My sister and I have started a new weekly dinner date every Wednesday night, in which we try out a new restaurant in Vancouver. Last night, we tried out Lombardo's Pizzeria on Commercial Drive. I had heard a lot about Lombardo's from one of my coworkers, who explained the whole Lombardo's vs. Marcello's longwinded family fued to me. My coworker has always sided with Lombardo's saying that the food (and owners for that matter) are better, and claiming that this place has the best pizza on the drive!
First of all, the restaurant is located inside a “kind-of” shopping center (I use the “ “ marks because there are only about four or five stores/restaurants in the whole center). This location gives the restaurant a more casual feel, which may or may not be advantageous depending on their clientele.

My sister and I ordered two medium pizzas to share – one margherita (tomato sauce, mozzarella and basil) and a vegetariana (tomato sauce, mozzarella, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, artichoke hearts). The pizza was just ok – the margherita didn’t have buffalo mozzarella, which in my opinion is a necessity, and there was only one lonely basil leaf on top. The vegetariana was a bit bland, but that’s understandable – i can't imagine that many of their clientele are veggie-lovers.

All and all, there are other places along the drive that have better pizza (such as perch
http://www.eatdrinkperch.com/ or firestone pizza http://firepizza.ca/), but pizza is pizza and we almost finished both pies nonetheless!
To see Lombardo's website, go here: http://lombardos.ca/.

No comments: